Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
Through our practice we aim to prove a broad and balanced curriculum based on the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage). Our children access the seven areas of learning using play as a vehicle. We provide early intervention for those children who require additional support or a more challenging curriculum.
Our staff plan exciting and challenging learning experiences and continuously review progress.
Through our practice we aim to:
- Provide a balanced curriculum based on the EYFS across the seven areas of learning.
- Provide teaching of the Letters and Sounds, and Jolly Phonics programmes.
- Use play as the vehicle for learning.
- Promote equality of opportunity, anti-discriminatory practice and celebrate diversity.
- Provide early intervention for those children who require additional support or greater challenges.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers.
- Plan exciting and challenging learning experiences, based on the individual child, informed by observation and assessment and providing the next steps for learning.
- Provide opportunities for children to engage in activities that are adult-initiated or child-initiated, supported by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, well trained and qualified adults.
- Have a key person approach to develop close relationships with individual children
- Provide a happy, secure and safe learning environment indoors and out that is rich in language and promotes effective learning.
If you would like to find out more about the curriculum click here or contact the centre and ask to speak to Sharon Stones, Acting Head of Centre.